Take a look.
Here are some of the events for the National Year of Reading in the UK.
Activities in the National Year of Reading will include the following themes:
• April: Read all about it! Links to newspapers and magazines; library membership campaign.
• May: Mind and Body. Reading and learning at work. The knock-on benefits of reading.
• June: Reading escapes. Holiday and summer reads.
• July: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poems, poetry and lyrics.
• August: Read the Game. The influence of sport and how this can help promote reading.
• September: You are what you read. Cultural, personal and local identity.
• October: Word of Mouth. Storytelling, reading out loud, reading together, reading aloud, live literature.
• November: Screen reads. Exploring the diversity of reading and writing; scripts, TV and films.
• December: Write the future. Writing, texting, blogging etc.
Being a literacy specialist myself (day job) I think I'll do a bit more investigation....
p.s. Here is the official website. http://www.yearofreading.org.uk/