An Oreo cookie pie crust, a can of sweetened condensed milk... Then to the fridge and a plan started coming together.
It was impromptu. It was fun. It was, ah yes, sweet and gooey. It was...
Perfection on a Plate
And here is how you can make it, too.
Ingredients for Perfection on a Plate:
1 6 oz Oreo pie crust
1/2 of a 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 of a 14 oz bag of sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
1. Remove plastic wrapper from pie crust.
2. Cover bottom of crust with the chocolate chips. Reserve a few for the top.
3. Layer the pecans over the chocolate. Again, reserve some of the nuts for the top.
4. Layer the shredded coconut on top of the nuts.
5. Open the can of sweetened condensed milk and pour the entire contents over the top of the layers in the pie crust. Yes, the entire can.
6. Garnish the top with the remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
7. Place pie shell with contents on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degreesF about 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and turning brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool to the touch, pop in the refrigerator and chill until it's hard.
9. Slice and enjoy!
Warning! Perfection on a Plate is very rich and extremely additive! I recommend making and then taking to the office the next morning, so it's not hanging around your kitchen (and on your hips.)
Copyright © 2009 Maddie James