Then yesterday came. And went. And no words. No WRITTEN words. Not on the story, at least.
But I did accomplish these things:
- voted (important)
- went to my PO Box and picked up mail (Bed, Bath and Beyond catalog)
- trimmed the three bushes in front of my house (now Clio and Calliope can better see out - me, too)
- weed-eated my front lawn and rid my front lawn of a lot of dead stuff (long overdue)
- edited 30 pages of a novel plus three short stories for an upcoming anthology
- checked and wrote a lot of emails (daily task)
- checked the sales numbers on books (I'm addicted to the numbers)
- and watched Dancing with the Stars
Procrastination, pure and simple.
What, say you? That I accomplished a lot? That these things needed to be done? That my day was full and busy already? Pshaw. Excuses. Bottom line is, I didn't make it a priority. I chose other things. I did not make room. I failed Day Two of NaNoWriMo and now on my web page it says: 2 unsuccessful days (you know, because I didn't actually make the Day 1 goal either).
So now, with all of you as my witness, I vow I will do better today. Okay, so I'm off....